The name partly disinterested me, but I wanted to attend this one because of the needs for social marketing that we haven’t really nailed down yet.
Presenter: Ro Choy, rockyou!
- RockYou! has successfully deployed several apps on FaceBook and MySpace
- Social marketing can be vertically oriented
- Anything you do online can be made better through social engagement
- key takeaways for viral growth - new user focus
- universal applicability
- Successful marting should focus on social applications: - application content integration (likeness quiz, greeting cards, etc.)
- sponsorship (skin app w/ sweepstakes)
- custom social app building and distribution
- Rich media
- Should look into potential partnership with RockYou! for social marketing
- Many larger companies (e.g. Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Sony, Warner Bros., AT&T) involved in spending
- Social gaming is a combination of these things, and has the same effect when done well