I’ve put in a lot of work this year. A tonne of it. Among a few things, I’ve been/done:
- Technology Director Gold BU (and all the various tasks that go along with the position)
- Intranet Tech lead / Consultant / Support
- CriticalMass.com Tech lead / Project Manager
- Web Development Practice Lead
- Imagineering organizer and minute-taker
- Experience Matters (CM external blog) administrator / blogger / Editorial Board member
- Knowledge Management consultant
And I know that’s only a snippet. There’s just so much more that I’ve been up to. And just so you know that the timing requirements are on this list, the first item (the Technology Director) is 75%. The rest still has to be squeezed in.
It’s been a tough year. I’ve put in a lot of time, and Alex has seen less of me than she did last year when I buggered off for a month and a half. But that time does pay off…
My bonus was $25,000.
I’m actually having trouble with that number. I was given the letter congratulating me for a year of hard work, but I could not have actually believed that I would receive that much for my efforts. I was almost aghast. The actual comment I overheard from Di, Dan, and Chris as they watched me was:
Either he’s reading the fine print or he’s trying to take it all in.
I was just stunned. It’s almost 30% of my (current) annual salary.
I haven’t told Alex yet. I think I’m going to have her read the letter to see what my face might have looked like…