[This entry originally posted on How To Get Lost: I love pubs.]
Last night, Amy and I decided to check out some of the local pubs near our hotel. Here’s what we noticed.
- Local pubs have a great atmosphere. Some don’t, and you can tell right away — when everyone stares at the “outsiders”.
- All food and drink is ordered at the bar. Ain’t no waitstaff.
- Guinness comes in two varieties: “Normal” and “Cold”.
- Guinness tastes way better in England.
- Pubs aren’t as smoky as we’d expected.
- Pubs close at 23:00. What the heck is up with that?!
- Fish and chips isn’t just a meal — it’s almost a religious experience.